 General / 43517
Re: Improved Pick-A-Brick packing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:45:10 GMT

Chris Phillips wrote:
I posted late last week with my method of packing 137 2x4s with breathing room
for lots of small parts.<<

Chris

I saw that but like I said my comprehension with photos is somewhat limited.

:)

Based on reading the packing methods of others, I think you can actually fit 4 2x4s into the raised stud on the lid<<

That's what my pattern does. By eliminating some of the 1x4's in the 3rd row, I
found that I can get 2 more 2x4's in for the 138 total, with the lid on.
When packed there is room for other small things like 1x4 plates but I left them
out because that number varies by chance and how much time you want to spend in
the store. When I was packing mine I wanted to keep it as simple as I could for
stacking in less than 10 minutes per cup in the store. It had to build in
sections that could be assembled easily and in quantity. At home it's pretty
easy to sit and take your time but in the store you have things like kids to to
deal with.

Kids & LEGO.........whodah thought???

I can see it now, a 'friendly' P-A-B stacking contest in the future.....