 General / 43660
Re: Improved Pick-A-Brick packing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:21:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Reuland wrote:
Anybody know what 138 2x4's cost by weight???

When Pick-A-Brick first premiered at LEGOLAND and people were estimating price
per pieces, there was a link to a list of LEGO weights that Lutz Ulhmann had put
together.  We're going to DL next month and I wondered whether we should try and
fit in a trip to LEGOLAND or just buy at the LIC, so I decided to figure out how
expensive things were by volume or weight.  I used Lutz's numbers and the list
of pieces available at LEGOLAND and had Excel spit out this estimation of pieces
per 1/4 lb and price per piece.

http://www.geocities.com/hopemax.geo/legoweight.htm

You guys might find that helpful.

Since I don't have a cup yet, I haven't come up with great numbers by volume,
but roughly estimating we've decided to just stick with the LIC this trip.

Hope Maxwell