 General / 43526
Re: Improved Pick-A-Brick packing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:20:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Reuland wrote:
Our biggest concern was to see how many 2x4 blocks we could easily get in each
cup.

So far the easiest way I have found is as below.........

<http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/TexMexSu/LegoStacking.jpg>

This results in 136-2x4, 1-2x2, 21-1x4, 18-1x2 plus room for a few other little
items like tiles. This design is easy to build in the store.

Your pattern looks like it will hold a little more, but without a picture I have
a hard time figuring it out.

Always interested in trying others ideas!

   I had read the stuff on packing 2x4 bricks.  I was interested in what the
best total volume of mixed bricks was.  I don't build exclusively with any
particular brick size, so I don't mind mixing types within a cup.

   The LEGO Imagination Center in Orlando doesn't have small tiles available at
their Pick-A-Brick.  I wish they did.

   I will get a picture up soon to help you visualize it.

Brian H. Nielsen