 General / 43643
Re: Improved Pick-A-Brick packing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:17:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh wrote:
I think this comes down to a money vs. time decision.  Is it worth 10-15
minutes of your time to pack an extra 30-40 bricks?<<

Mike

You are correct, it is exactly a money vs. time deal and here is my thinking.

I am 40 minutes from the Woodfield store.
I could just drop my 100 or so 2x4 bricks in each of 3 cups and be back on the
road in about 5 minutes.
Or I can pack in 138 blocks (plus a few others) in just under 10 minutes per
cup. Now my 5 minutes has become 30 but I have gained $13.00 worth of blocks.

That equals MORE than $26.00 worth of bonus Lego per hour spent packing!

As we have to purchase by volume here and not by weight packing 2x4's (and
larger) does appear to be worth spending a few extra minutes on stacking.

Cups are a far better deal on 1x1 tiles over buying by weight.
A $12.95 cup of tiles would probably cost $30.00!
(or more)