 General / 43638
Re: Improved Pick-A-Brick packing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 05:21:12 GMT

"Jeff Reuland" <texmexsu1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:HoJ3Fp.CIA@lugnet.com...

[ ... snipped ... ]

I kind of agree that it is a little time consuming to do but we have no • choice
here. If we don't stack'em & pack'em, we loose!
Tossing 2x4 blocks in the cup nets about 100 or so.
Pack'em and you're up to at least 138 PLUS other items for $12.95.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I think this comes down to a money vs. time decision.  Is it worth 10-15
minutes of your time to pack an extra 30-40 bricks?

I was at the Woodfield store a couple weeks ago and packed three cups.  Tim
Courtney and Ondrew Hartigan were nice enough to pack a couple more for me.
I spent about an hour packing the three cups I decided to pack (granted, I
got better with each one I packed).  It was a frustrating hour too - I would
have left a far happier customer if I could have simply bought them by
weight.

So is it worth it?   For me, I don't think it is.  My time is worth more to
me (and my family and my employer) than the extra $10 worth of bricks I got
for an hours worth of work.  YMMV.

Mike

PS:  I am not going to Boston tomorrow so I won't have a chance to check out
on of the stores up there.