 Trains / *4482 (-100)
  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) As far as I know, we haven't had much of a problem with pieces getting mixed together. Every members track are marked on the bottom side in some way(black marker, silver marker, etc). A few of us tend to borrow each other's pieces. Right now, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

(...) <snip> (...) bit... Crossposted to .build... it's THAT good. Modern American locomotives are lumpy. They have weird louvers, access panels, pieces of equipment protruding, doors in strange places, bulges, etc... Christopher has captured the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

(...) I did this for my 5 unit container car. (URL) this pic: (URL) this one: (URL) another topic: This car does not do well on grades, there is no lateral flex in it so it tends to work the tiles with center Technic stud loose from the bogies... (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

You are correct sir! Actually, I thought of that for a different, and discontinued, project, but it had not occured tom me for this application. To bad I only have them in red and white. Actually, I worry that the studs of the technic plate are (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

If they use a Mindstorms like comuter brick then no modofication to the motor should be need. The computer brick would control the voltage...D'OH! I just realized the problem...the motor cnanot get current from the rails and the computer brick at (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?

(...) Right, unless it's shrinkwrapped. But the question is, should it have pieces that are from the same era? That is, pieces that COULD have been, but for the luck of the draw, in the box originally? The most purist among us will admit it's (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  gmltc on an ip

I found a spot to stick it at work again, but I haven't registered a DNS server yet, so it's still by IP only. (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?

(...) Isn't it rare for an old set to have exactly the pieces that came in the original box? KL (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?

It's fine to use new parts if you disclaim it in your listing. An informed buyer is a happy buyer. It's also fine to use new parts if you're just rebuilding it for yourself. IMHO. (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Webpage with 12 to 9V Signal conversion

(...) give (...) The problem should be fixed now, a little script at the start of the page selects the right stylesheet for Internet Explorer or Netscape. Netscape seems to handle tables with background images wrong, so the Netscape version has no (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Designer newsgroup?

I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. What I think is needed is a group for exchange of files similar to the dat newsgroups and a group for further development etc. Maybe with such low traffic they may be one group to start with. Just a thought. (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?

In article <Fq6uu6.5tH@lugnet.com>, ffilz@mindspring.com says... (...) So that would rule 1990's 2x4 bricks out because they are thinner walled and have teeth to grip the studs. I came across this problem when rebuilding old sets and I'm not sure (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

Subscribing to a mag is all well and good if you have time and space... and it's to be recommended to die hard 'heads, but the Cyc is indeed a great source, as far as it goes. Amazon has it for 27. I'd recommend it as a comprehensive reference. The (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

(...) Hardly, the real protoheads subscribe to Extra 2200 S, _the_ diesel spotters mag. They came up with the version labels that are often used with engines (eg, a F7 Ver VI or such...) covering the details. The Cyclopedias are however exelent (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

Mike- I commend you on an excellent model! Building regular GPs will seem tiny by comparison;-) Using scale models from which to model is an excellent idea. I got razzed by the GMLTC for buying an HO GP50 dummy to model from ('course, they razz me (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed surges

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ... (...) observe (...) goes (...) does. (...) angular (...) I have also noticed it... not just in the Lego trains, but you will see it in HO, N and other trains, too. I believe Ben is right. Not just 'cause he's an ME. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4559 Engine Canopy

It was available in black in many sets. Grey was available only in the Flying Time Vessel. White was only available in one Diver set. Those are the only colors it was ever released in. Mike Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

Or you can use a 2x2 tile with a a technic peg connecter sticking up from the middle. (Commonly used to mount helicopter blades) I have a tank car built as such and I am pleased with the rigidity and smoothnes of operation. Ben Fleskes PNLTC <snip> (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4559 Engine Canopy

Doug, I don't think it was ever produced in yellow, I have seen it in Gray and Black. Scott S. (...) ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  4559 Engine Canopy

The Black framed canopy that apeared in 4559 Cargo Raiway (and also in a ResQ set) was it ever produced in yellow ? If so is it in a current or recent production set ? (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) The person I spoke to at S@H said to keep checking with www.LEGO.com, that the new changes would be occuring in the Spring ! (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Any idea when this is going to happen? Q4 of 2000 perhaps? -Frank (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Same from my connection on this side of the Atlanic. (...) individuals... (...) This is essentially an IPR protection, they just as scared of a lawsuit as we are! Besides consumer affiars has to deal with a lot more than just customewr (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

"Doug" <DPegram@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:Fq9HrK.Asy@lugnet.com... (...) motors (...) see a (...) perform (...) track, (...) amazing) (...) build (...) I think it would be difficult to provide some kind of "consumer upgrade" to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) I've built a pretty good tunnel using two green baseplates and large quantity of burps. The tunnel entrance uses a stepped 12 wide arch and is 12 studs high. The entire length is 4 pieces of straight track but I'm working on putting a curve (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) <snip> (...) Ie, you (...) pieces (...) Yes, I can see and fully understand the concern. I've always brought just what I needed, (completed item for show, and stuff for sorting that I could build with). Though it has been alluded to by a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Regarding your message above. Do you have problems of pieces going missing? Ie, you have less pieces after and event then before? We are about to start up a Lego club in Vancouver, BC Canada and are a little concerned about what to expect. I (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Sounds fun. One of these days I'm going to drive up from North Carolina... Frank (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) <<snip> (...) build (...) This has been a thought of mine for quite some time, (the build into the walls of my house, not the camera part, though, that would be kind of cool too..) The idea has been nay-say'd by the best of them, but I still (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) too (...) This is true, but then you could look at our current layout, or look at the area of what we have been given for any particular show, and, actively pettition and negotiate for a certain position on the layout. (A negotiated (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) they (...) regulator (...) multiple (...) I would really hope that they would provide a means to upgrade current motors to "DCC Ready", if that is in fact the case, personally I would love to see a LEGO product out of the box(es) be able to be (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

Doug, CURRENT RCX are 8 studs wide. But if they make one specifically for trains, they don't have to worry about batteries, and can make it much smaller (think Scout size, or even multiple modules). The regulator on that type of system would just (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

Major snip (...) I ran across an equally mysterious comment from the operator at US S@H to the effect that "it will blow your mind", I'm not quite sure about all of that but it does beg the question...an RCX "brick" is about 8 studs wide...hmmm, I (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

Very nice designs. Well done! later, James Mathis (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

Thanks Larry, but the matched pair no longer exists. One of the blue engines was convereted to the SD40-2. I will am going to try to make a matched pair of dash 2's. But I still need to make a power unit. By the way, I finally found out what a GP30 (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What should I do with 19 boxes of 4.5 Volt Grey Track

magundy wrote in message <38B00412.2687B9F1@home.net>... (...) I have NO experience with trains, monorails, etc, so please excuse the following arrogance: Are the aforementioned train tracks/gray tracks compatible with sets 6991 and 6990? I *will* (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: What should I do with 19 boxes of 4.5 Volt Grey Track

(...) No, they are _NOT_ compatable with the monorails. James P (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: My EMD SD40-2

Gotta run but just a quickie to say NICE! The matched pair is great. Can you post more details on how you did the tank car truck attach? (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What should I do with 19 boxes of 4.5 Volt Grey Track

These have been put up on ebay (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  (canceled)

  My EMD SD40-2

Well, I keep mentioning it so it is about time I put it up. Here is my version of an EMD SD40-2. It was pulled out of the paint (figuratively) shop and put into service before the paint (figuratively again) job was done. I have also put up a redo of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Designer

Hi! I am starting to use Track Designer 2.0. I was wondering if anybody who has the program has created any of the following baseplates and could e-mail them to me. I'm not really great at making them myself. Thanks! The baseplates are: -Street with (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

Thanks for the comments. Yes, Larry, I was so excited that I forgot to put the link up, but you were very correct in figuring it was here: (URL) tighter curve has put a lot of restrictions on me. Although the loops I have running right now are (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

Hmm, I think you are little ahead of your time. Perhaps in another five years when LEGO releases larger radius track, you'll be on to something. Building to scale should be as much about functionality as well as meeting exact scaling. But I leave (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed surges

(...) Well, my trains are usually long enough and massive enough that I see effects on the locomotives. You can hear the motors suddenly starting to work harder as they come into a curve, and surge forward as they come out of it. (the momentum of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

(...) Daggum, it's HUGE !!! Maybe if you interspersed a straight track between each curve piece the overhang wouldn't be quite so...blatant. Nice work though, I really wish it wasn't UPAC, between them and Santa Fe I've seen too many western (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed surges

I've noticed this as well. At the GATS show today, I asked others to observe it just to make sure it isn't just me. I notice it mostly when the train goes through an s-curve. The front of the train doesn't surge, but the back does. I think Larry is (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Speed surges

Recent "big loco" and "big car" projects by others have started me thinking about speed surges and wondering if there is a relation. I notice that my longer locos and longer (car length and number of cars) trains experience high frequency (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

I think Mike forgot to say where, and I am guessing it is here: (...) I like the comparision pic with the HO scale model pic. You've got the proportions right! But it's so HUGE... I think 6 wide may have been a better choice. Still, very nice work. (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!

I have uploaded some pics of the EMD DD40 I have been working on. It is almost done. I only need to change some items to the proper colors when I can find the parts, finish adding details on the roof and a few other things. It is 8 x 76 studs, has 2 (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  WTT: Lego Loco masked face minifig head

Hey all, I assume those of who bought this PC game know the promo 'fig I'm referring to. I'd like to get the head with the red mask on it that someone mentioned recently and now I can't find the post. I have a Train conductor (yellow torso w/red (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lunar Rover (foldable)

(...) I have seen a picture of a very young Conan (of GMLTC fame) standing next to his Saturn V model. It was about 9 or 10 feet tall and properly black/white striped. I was told it was taken about 15 years ago. But then he had a lot of bricks, even (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains.org)

Andreas Frank Werner wrote in message ... (...) discovering (...) now (...) and (...) parts (...) Generally no. From a purists standpoint, replacing older bricks which have had changes in how they are molded (minifig heads and 1x1 cylinders for a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Is it OK to use new parts for old sets?

Hello everybody, I recently left my "dark ages" after 20 years of LEGO abstinence discovering that all of the nice things for LEGO-Trains I couldn't afford as a kid are now highly-desired relicts from the past (12V trains, electric points, signals (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Since we're being silly, doesn't that mean the building we're displaying in would have to be made from Lego too? And, the electricity to power the trains would have to be made from Lego Solar Panels, or using the Technic motor as generators... (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Just a doodle

Needs some background... (URL) Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - (URL) Mercator, the e-business transformation company fund Lugnet(tm): (URL) ref: lar, 1/2 $$ to lugnet. Note: this is a family forum! (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

"Farlie A" <ba124@city.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Fq6F1s.8rn@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Actually, the raised baseplate from the RR Headquarters makes a good start on a small tunnel/mountain. The gap down the middle of the baseplate is just the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

I am Farlie A, Concering railroad scenery , Yes it can be done in Lego(R)! However I think we need some parts on bulk order: namely Classic Trees as well as flowers. Additonally we need a new part to act as tunnel or tunnel mouth - Possibly a ew (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

"Thomas P. Rafert" <trafert1@gte.net> wrote in message news:38AE13DC.DD860A...gte.net... (much snippage) (...) you do. (...) (URL) (...) close (...) the (...) layout (...) to use (...) the (...) I actually considered this as well, but without (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

Interesting that, not having seen any of these layouts, I hit upon the basic structural ideas behind all of them. Maybe I should take a trip to Vegas? -- William A. Swanberg CPT, SC Commander, 229th Signal Company (TACSAT) swanberg@msn.com (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

So then, wouldn't this require some type of anti-gravity device (made entirely out of Lego, of course)? : ) -- William A. Swanberg CPT, SC Commander, 229th Signal Company (TACSAT) swanberg@msn.com "Ben Roller" <broller@clemson.edu> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Now Larry, if I've got enough bricks to cover the table surface I'm sure you do. :-) Yes, I know I use Duplo for structural support and a ton of BURPs for terrain, but hey all together it doesn't look too bad. (URL) > (...) I had talked about (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

I was wondering why you wrote ROFL. I laughed out loud too! (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) bricks (...) REAL (...) I'd have to disagree, if we want to go to that type of reasoning, and display of LEGO creations where there is any dependancy on anything not made by TLC as part of the LEGO line of products, would not be pure. This (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) I've yet to see any REAL purists. If you think you are a purist, take a look at what your Lego layout is sitting on...until I see tables made of Lego bricks (including the legs) I won't consider any layout that's not on the floor a REAL purist (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) I'm curious...have you regulated the requisite size per module (as per N-Trak) if someone can come up with a set of guidelines regarding size, track placement, and relative height of ground cover several people from very different areas could (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is anyone here besides me from Oklahoma City??

(...) Hi I live in LeFlore County Oklahoma. (near Arkansas) I don't really think I'm an expert builder but I've had my times. J.W.Hummer visit my failing site at www.geocities.com/spincity999 (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Well, I'm not the only voice of WAMALUG, but I can confirm that a lot of the lay-out was modular from many sources within the group. We tried real hard to keep a balance of differant types of items. We, (WAMALUG) are just lucky to have many (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Well, this is, sort of, what PNLTC does. (and WAMALUG, for that matter, in their recent show.) I suspect it will be what I do in my home layout as I don't have enough bricks for modules. (...) This sounds interesting. It would be important to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Not even one stud or hole, unless you make it yourself. Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want to...) Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70 Visit (URL) & (URL) wait is over...) (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Presume it has lego studs somewhere regards lawrence (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) I have a bunch of the plastic caves if you want them... :) (ROFL) (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) This is also interesting and something I can use in the future. However, I was actually referring to the roof itself. I've been using more of the curved bricks rather than the slopped ones. The problem I have is coming up with a roof that (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Track

(...) quite... I havn't had a chance to play with them yet (since we just now got our 6990, and it has no switches anyway) but the concept is very nice... (...) pass through - with a nice "click" sound too :) though, under some situations, if the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v output on 110v

(...) multimeter, (...) running (...) steady (...) I can see the AC voltage with your multimeter, just select the AC Voltage and the reading will indicate the difference between the min and max voltage. If you see something around 10-12 V that (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) For what its worth, Lego themselves seem quite happy to use the 'plaster, styrofoam and other materials' approach at Legoland when building miniland. Besides the fact there is no real lego train there, there is plenty of non- lego 'nature' (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model Railroad Scenery

Welcome, Ian. I've been lurking here for some time myself, and reading over the messages in this group (and others) tells me that there are several schools of thought on this issue. First of all, there are what I would call the "purists." In simple (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Track

(...) You can pass against the setting of the point reliably. In fact, someone has posted some interesting train layouts which rely on this feature to allow two trains travelling in opposite directions to take different but partially overlapping (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Model Railroad Scenery

I have been lurking in the trains group for some time. I have been acquiring bricks and planning my intended LEGO railroad. My first question involves scenery. I know that the GMLTC group, Mike Poindexter and possibly others are building large (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail Track

Hello all; I just recently started collecting monorail track and sets for my future project. I was pleasantly surprised to see how the points or switches work. The way the switches are automatically thrown if approached in the wrong position is (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greenberg Shows, your turn

(...) Well, then it gives everyone plenty of time to prepare. :) Greenberg's URL is (URL) , sorry I forgot it in the first message. -chris (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) I assume you are referring to the problem of the gap between the loco and the car behind it. Using a spring mechanism between the two is the way to solve this - they pull together on a straightaway but can separate when going around curves. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Congrats Ben!

Thanks to Ben Fleskes for your nice words and of course thanks to all the ones who supported me in my Lego hobby and in the vote into the Lego hall of fame of the builders gallerie! And Ben (the one from PLNTC) in fact your roundhouse was the first (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Greenberg Shows, your turn

(...) They only have shows scheduled for Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts right now. Jeff "Broken mirror, a million shades of light" (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(...) Hey Josh! Its great to hear from you! I hope you move went well! And don't forget, you're welcome at any meeting, any show, any time! Jeff "Was it real, or just my fantasy?" (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md)

  Greenberg Shows, your turn

I just got an phone call from the Greenberg Shows representative, she said that the WAMALUG layout was the hit of the recent Upper Marlboro show. She is also looking for other train clubs in their show area(1). It's a pretty good time, and they pay (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trains and Moving Components

G'Day Check the Train Track Snow Remover 4533. It use small technik tires to roll along the track and elastic bands to transfer motion. If I ever find the manual I will post the relevant bits. Cheers Oliver "Barbara Sproat" <BSproat@Novell.com> (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains and Moving Components

(...) is (...) I recommend you look to set 6497, Twisted Time Train (if I recall the title correctly). It isn't a train, i.e. for use on rails, but it does include a few moving bits, including a stack at the front that pops up and down as the train (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) I can see it now, one of the train clubs touring the country with a layout inside a railcar tacked onto the back of the same trains that they are trying to model. :) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

Love it, Barbara! I really like the private home concept, it combined two things I love but don't often build anymore - houses and trains... I love the little details in the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom... Not to mention the beautiful car. The (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains and Moving Components

(...) Sounds like Micro-Motor time to me... Dean (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

In the interest of brevity, this message has been subjected to various snippage (...) Sweet... (...) Yeah, that's actually what I meant by the above.. using the same tracks to pull whole private trains and public.. scheduling conflicts causing (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max's Motorhome

(...) It works! Nice SUV... I'll hafta steal^H^H^H^H^H borrow that design :) -Tom McD. when replying, for some unknown reason, spamcake breaks down in vodka. Note: Lugnet and rec.toys.lego are family forums The San Francisco Bay Area Users Group (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Congrats Ben!

Congrats Ben! When I first saw this round house I was severely humbled. With my recent revision completed over a year ago, I was pretty pleased. Pictures at: (URL) then Ben posted pictures of his roundhouse. I drooled as I intensely stared at his (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(...) ...Wish you could have been there too. You would have loved it, and your military models would have been a huge hit too (our second 'bonus layout' table was a big hit and would have been perfect!). :-) build well wubwub (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md)

  Re: Congrats Ben!

(...) Congratulations! -Shiri (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Congrats Ben!

Ben is the winner of the the theme gallery at lego.com with his roundhouse. Look at (URL) . Alan This message's random set is: 5860, (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains and Moving Components

(...) MicroMotors! They're small enough to hide inside a train car, and turn slowly enough that the poor minifigure won't get seasick from swaying too fast. If you have a simple boxcar that hides a 9volt battery box (or tap off the train's motor), (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Show Pictures

(...) Incredible!!! The display was far more ambitious than I could have imagined. Great models, interesting minifig events, impressive town structures, and a hell of a lot of trains. I wish I could have been there. Josh Spaulding (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact