 Trains / 4250
Re: Max's Motorhome
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 03:39:08 GMT

In the interest of brevity, this message has been subjected to various snippage

Tom McDonald wrote:
Wow! Hey that does look like it was fun! I almost like the idea of a *real*
private railcar. (Wouldn't that cause headaches IRL :)

Not really. There are well over 100 privately owned railcars extant in
the US.
Sweet...

Pass a certain set of standards and you can have your private car tacked
on the end of Amtrak trains for so much a mile. So it's fairly common
procedure. There are lesser numbers of privately owned locomotoves...
most of those are owned by preservation societies rather than
individuals.
Yeah, that's actually what I meant by the above.. using the same tracks to
pull whole private trains and public.. scheduling conflicts causing
headaches.. that's all. (I really should learn to type more accurately what's
in my head instead of counting on readers to mind meld with my messages.)

I've seen varnish advertised for as little as 20K and as much as 2M.
There's usually one or two for sale in the back pages of TRAINS
magazine.
Wanna buy one?
Heh... that would be the bomb... a rolling Lego train layout in a real
traveling railcar! (right next to the dining car, y'kno :)

they would have if you gave it, oh, say, 1/2 hour or so...
lol.. nah.. my browser gave them each an X fairly quickly.

1 - varnish is old railroad slang for fancyschmantzy cars.
Please try not to use overly technical terms in this 'family forum' ;-)

Note: this is a family forum!
Yay! The notice is back! :)  I copied the idea.

-Tom McD.
when replying, spamcake-based lipbalm has been recalled from all 'Ye Good
Spleen' drug stores.

Note: Lugnet and rec.toys.lego are family forums

The San Francisco Bay Area Users Group
http://www.baylug.org