 Trains / 4265
Re: Max's Motorhome
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:12:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Demlow writes:
Barbara Sproat <BSproat@Novell.com> wrote:
However, I just can't seam to come up with another way to put the roofs
together and have it look good.  Do you have any suggestions?

I assume you are referring to the problem of the gap between the loco and
the car behind it.  Using a spring mechanism between the two is the way to
solve this - they pull together on a straightaway but can separate when
going around curves.  People have used both rubber bands and Technic shock
absorbers for this.  Perhaps others can provide links to web sites that show
this technique; I don't remember URLs offhand.

This is also interesting and something I can use in the future.  However, I was
actually referring to the roof itself.  I've been using more of the curved
bricks rather than the slopped ones.  The problem I have is coming up with a
roof that flows just as much from the front as it does from the sides.

For example, on Max's Motorhome, I really don't like the front slopes combined
with the curved sides.  It's the best solution I came up with but IMHO it just
doesn't look realistic.

http://www.io.com/~jsproat/bambam/LEGO/locomoto.html

Thanks
Barbara