 Trains / 4257
Re: Max's Motorhome
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:17:23 GMT

Barbara Sproat <BSproat@Novell.com> wrote:

http://www.io.com/~jsproat/bambam/LEGO/upm10000.html

However, I just can't seam to come up with another way to put the roofs
together and have it look good.  Do you have any suggestions?

I assume you are referring to the problem of the gap between the loco and
the car behind it.  Using a spring mechanism between the two is the way to
solve this - they pull together on a straightaway but can separate when
going around curves.  People have used both rubber bands and Technic shock
absorbers for this.  Perhaps others can provide links to web sites that show
this technique; I don't remember URLs offhand.

It's a very nice-looking model, gap notwithstanding!

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/