 Trains / 4263
Re: 12v output on 110v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:46:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Hi Brian,

I got a low voltage of 1.5 and a high of 7.2. I was using a cheap • multimeter,
so I cannot say if it is continuous, but it certainly has that feel when • running
a train. The voltage was very unsteady (the multimeter is fine, it reads • steady
with the new power regulator), so I cannot confirm that the 12 V transformer
delivers continous voltages.

Chris

I can see the AC voltage with your multimeter, just select the AC Voltage and
the reading will indicate the difference between the min and max voltage. If
you see something around 10-12 V that indicate the power regulator only put
rectified voltage  and the voltage is not constant, if the voltage is something
like 1-2 V if you have a good load it`s indicate that the voltage is "constant"

Martin