 Trains / 4231
Re: 12v output on 110v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:11:25 GMT

Hi Brian,

  I got a low voltage of 1.5 and a high of 7.2. I was using a cheap multimeter,
so I cannot say if it is continuous, but it certainly has that feel when running
a train. The voltage was very unsteady (the multimeter is fine, it reads steady
with the new power regulator), so I cannot confirm that the 12 V transformer
delivers continous voltages.

Chris

Brian Williams wrote:

Hi,

Sorry if this has come-up before.  Does anyone know the starting and top
voltages output from the old 12v train transformer when operating on 110v line
current?  Also, I recall the output was continuous and not stepped.  Is this
true?

-Brian Williams