 Trains / 4248
Re: Congrats Ben!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 02:37:47 GMT

Congrats Ben!  When I first saw this round house I was severely humbled. With
my recent revision completed over a year ago, I was pretty pleased.  Pictures
at:

http://www.pnltc.org/Gal_PDX_GATS_Q199/yard/yard%20-%20rnd%20house01.jpg

http://www.pnltc.org/Gal_PDX_GATS_Q199/yard/yard%20-%20rnd%20house02.jpg

But then Ben posted pictures of his roundhouse.  I drooled as I intensely
stared at his roundhouse pictures.

So my mind is made up.  The bar has been raised, and I must rise to the
challenge.  The plans are coming together for a new roundhouse.  Inspired by
ideas on Ben's (German Ben) page and some great ideas on the GMLTC
roundhouse.  But my new roundhouse will be much bigger.  Especially since my
longer engines and tenders run out at 70-75 studs long.  Thus the turntable
needs to be nearly five track lengths long.  Likewise, the roundhouse must be
much deeper.

Not that I wish to escalate the Roundhouse wars, I simply want to meet the
standard set by others.  (and maybe set it a little higher in the process)

Once again, Congratulations for Ben.  He is deserving of the award.
Especially for someone that has done so much for promoting LEGO trains.

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC

In lugnet.trains, Alan Gerber writes:
Ben is the winner of the the theme gallery at lego.com with his roundhouse.