 Trains / 4334
Re: My EMD SD40-2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:51:11 GMT

Ben Fleskes wrote:

Or you can use a 2x2 tile with a a technic peg connecter sticking up from the
middle. (Commonly used to mount helicopter blades) I have a tank car built as
such and I am pleased with the rigidity and smoothnes of operation.

I did this for my 5 unit container car.
http://my.voyager.net/lar/containers.html

especially this pic:
http://my.voyager.net/lar/Y_5cont_endunit_bogie.JPG
and this one:
http://my.voyager.net/lar/Y_5cont_midunit_bogie.JPG

on another topic:

This car does not do well on grades, there is no lateral flex in it so
it tends to work the tiles with center Technic stud loose from the
bogies... But when I let some of the joints swivel on the Y (where X is
track direction, Y is across and Z is up/down) direction, the car
derails a lot.

Ben, what did PNLTC do for the thrall cars you guys did?

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!