 Trains / 4302
Re: My EMD SD40-2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:38:25 GMT

Thanks Larry, but the matched pair no longer exists. One of the blue
engines was convereted to the SD40-2. I will am going to try to make a
matched pair of dash 2's. But I still need to make a power unit. By the
way, I finally found out what a GP30 looks like. You don't pull any punches
when you issue a challenge!

The truck attachment for the tank car is actually very simple. In the
corners where the castle walls meet there is a 1x2 technic brick. I put a
technic peg in the hole, and the technic peg connects to a whole in the
technic plate which is attached to the wheelsets. You cannot use a bogie
plate because the peg is too short; it doesn't reach all the way through
the hole in the technic brick.

Chris

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Gotta run but just a quickie to say NICE! The matched pair is great.

Can you post more details on how you did the tank car truck attach?

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!