 Trains / 4448
Re: My EMD SD40-2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:07:26 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Sproaticus wrote:
SNOT = *S*tuds *N*ot *O*n *T*op.  Basically any bracket or headlight piece, or
any other piece which has studs going in more than one direction, but not
necessarily a hinge or Technic piece.
I live and build by these, man.  Makes modelling a lot more fun.  :-,
I think that SNOT is a malformed acronym then... We have been using
derogatory acronyms to exemplify parts that we dislike because they
aren't true to the spirit of Lego.

Who says the word snot is bad?  Just watch Earthworm Jim!  :-,

Some of the maligned parts, such as BURPs, have found some very good uses as
well.  But they still keep the derogatory name.  A piece is only useless or
overspecialized until someone finds a good and unprecedented use for it.

Now, I would say a part like the 1x1 with side stud, or a part like the
1x4/1x2 bracket is NOT a bad part. It is instead, a GREAT part that
enables creations we otherwise could not do. So calling it a SNOT is not
fair, I think.

Well, I personally have no issues with calling these pieces SNOTs.  (And I
love 'em.)  ...And I do tend to get pretty snotty (snooty?) about my models.
;-)

But if someone comes up with a better acronym, I'm willing to change my ways.

Cheers,
- jsproat

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society