 Trains / 4336
Re: Model Railroad Scenery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:15:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Richard Schamus wrote:
Yes, I can see and fully understand the concern. I've always brought just what
I needed, (completed item for show, and stuff for sorting that I could build
with). Though it has been alluded to by a couple of people, I know it's just
good humor. Everyone I believe in WAMALUG right now makes more than my meger
paycheck, and have great collections of their own. I think the fear of losing
a "normal" connection with others of the same hobby passion would disuade
anyone from breaking that cardinal rule: "Thou shalt not talk other's bricks!"
If you're a bit concerned, just bring in what you have built. You'll know if
it's missing pieces. Track pieces can be marked in ways that you can identify
as your own. Same for BURPS, without detracting from the BURPiness of the
piece.

As far as I know, we haven't had much of a problem with pieces getting
mixed together.  Every members track are marked on the bottom side in some
way(black marker, silver marker, etc).  A few of us tend to borrow each
other's pieces.  Right now, I am in possession of 2 white arches, an RCX,
and
some other pieces of another member of the club.  We do try to keep expert
track of each others pieces.  But some things do get lost, luckily
everything
I have lost have been common pieces.

At the show, I think we used the colored paper inside of minifig torsos
idea
from NELUG t okeep track of minifigs.
-chris