 Trains / 4364
Re: Future of LEGO Trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:10:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

And then sell items individually, as in the model railroading business.
Limited edition runs of particular cars, engines, buildings, etc, to keep
prices high and to provide variety.  For some reason I'm imagining G scale
stuff-- What would people think about a whole new line at that scale (1:29)?

-John

And I suppose you'll want it weatherproof, so you can have a garden railroad,
right?

I'll be happy if they come out with some decent looking 6 (or 8) wide trains
that actually look like trains...  The 4559 was a joke, the 4561 isn't much
better.  Bring back trains like the Load 'n' Haul or the Freight Rail Runner -
they actually looked like real trains.  Heck, make versions of any number of
the 'moc' locomotives out there - most of them are better than anything Lego
has made!

And if Lego surprises us with some 'serious' accessories (remote controls,
larger radius curves, dcc) then I'll just be even more happy!

John1, GMLTC