 Trains / 4377
Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:58:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes:

Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message
Oh oh oh...another problem with 8 wide (main reason I am avoiding it):

I personally feel that the biggest problem people have with 8 wide is
converting all they have over.  Well, we all complain that the new stuff
sucks.  If all you have is new stuff, then go 8 wide.  You won't have 2 club
cars looking at you trying to convince you to stay in kiddie land.  If you
have a lot of old stock, well, you might have a harder time upgrading, but
the problem really lies within.

Mike

I think Mike has gotten to the crux of the problem.  All the issues brought up
are merely technical puzzles to solve.  Personally, my investment in my 5
trains and assorted train items wouldn't hold me back from 8 wide.

Again, I think if TLC is interested in courting the AFOLs (and the train heads
in particular), they'll provide a reasonable upgrade option.

--Steve Martin