 Trains / 4274
Re: Model Railroad Scenery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 03:17:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Ben Roller writes:
In lugnet.trains, William A. Swanberg writes:
First of all, there are what I would call the "purists."  In simple terms,
all Lego, and only Lego.

I've yet to see any REAL purists.  If you think you are a purist, take a look
at what your Lego layout is sitting on...until I see tables made of Lego • bricks
(including the legs) I won't consider any layout that's not on the floor a • REAL
purist layout. :)

I'd have to disagree, if we want to go to that type of reasoning, and display
of LEGO creations where there is any dependancy on anything not made by TLC as
part of the LEGO line of products, would not be pure. This your house or the
show center would need to be made of LEGO products etc.

If the only non-LEGO component of a display is the table or shelving which
supports it, then I would call that a pure LEGO solution. I would be inclined
to think though that using different table heights or other tricks like that
would make the solution impure. In other words, so long as the display COULD
be put on the floor instead of a table, it's pure.

My thoughts
Frank