 Trains / 4306
Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:45:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Doug,

CURRENT RCX are 8 studs wide.  But if they make one specifically for trains, they
don't have to worry about batteries, and can make it much smaller (think Scout
size, or even multiple modules).  The regulator on that type of system would just
feed a DCC signal if needed (or have multiple speed dials), with the rails getting
a full 9V all the time.

Doug wrote:

Major snip
Also Trains is somewhat dead in current EU catalog.

Reason ( from an inside contact):   Lego(R) are completly revamping the
Trains theme! ----
It looks like Mindstorms will be used on trains!( DCC at last)

I ran across an equally mysterious comment from the operator at US S@H to the
effect that "it will blow your mind", I'm not quite sure about all of that but
it does beg the question...an RCX "brick" is about 8 studs wide...hmmm, I
don't think we need any pre-emptive gloating from certain 8 wide individuals...
Also I was given the standard lecture when speaking to Consumer Affairs about
DCC and Marklin, etc...that "TLG does not use suggestions made by customers
and will not be held accountable if future product bears any resemblance to a
customer's suggestion" Then why did the S@H operator patch me through to CA to
relay my suggestion personally ?

--
Tom Stangl