 Trains / 4322
Re: Speed surges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:36:05 GMT

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ...
I've noticed this as well.  At the GATS show today, I asked others to • observe
it just to make sure it isn't just me.  I notice it mostly when the train • goes
through an s-curve. The front of the train doesn't surge, but the back • does.

I think Larry is right.  It relates the the changes between linear and • angular
velocity as the train moves through.

Ben Fleskes
BS Mechanical Engineering (among other things)

I have also noticed it... not just in the Lego trains, but you will see it
in HO, N and other trains, too.

I believe Ben is right. Not just 'cause he's an ME. The changes in the
linear and angular velocity is bound to cause voltage draw to increase.

Hey Ben: Where'd you get your degree? My BSME is from the University of
Idaho (GO VANDALS!).

Eric