 Trains / 4287
4286  |  4288
Subject:
EMD DD40 almost done - pics up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 01:36:12 GMT

I have uploaded some pics of the EMD DD40 I have been working on.  It is
almost done.  I only need to change some items to the proper colors when I can
find the parts, finish adding details on the roof and a few other things.

It is 8 x 76 studs, has 2 Four Axle trucks and uses 2 motors.  It can go
around the tightest curves and pass through complex sets of points, as long as
the yellow switch arms are not there.  The actual unit is as long as the 4563
I just got the other day.

I still need to add 5 more fans, but I ran low on parts for them.  Does
anybody know if the 4x4 turntable was ever made in gray? If so, where can I
find them.  (I will need 8 of them, or 3 in black if not available in gray.

I have 2-3 different ways to make the railing, so I have held off on putting
it on until I can determine the best looking way.

Let me know what you think.

Mike Poindexter

PS:  For those of you who will say that 8 wide is too big, this is the largest
diesel loco ever made and in 6 wide would still need to be 57 studs long.