 Robotics / Handy Board / *8324 (-100)
  Re: Serial LED is not lighting up during charger board assembly

Hi Scott, as I mentioned before i only assembled some 6.270 boards, but no handyboard. So what's follwing is only what i guess. I can't check this out here. Are you able to measure (always with pin7 J9 as ground reference) +9V at pin2 U16 and -9V at (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Hi Scott, I assembled three 6.270 boards (kind of grandpa of handyboard) some month ago and didn't need an Oscilloscope or a Logic Probe. I guess you'll only need such things if you run into trouble with getting started with your handyboard. So, try (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Serial LED is not lighting up during charger board assembly

I'm in the middle of assembling the Serial Interface and Batt. Charger board but have run into a snag. While testing the serial circuit, I was able to see the +-9V values on pin 2 of U16. However, when testing the transmit and receive functions of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Question about necessary tools for HB assembly

Howdy all, I'm getting ready to finally begin assembly of my HB and I have a question regarding the "necessary" tools for this. In the assembly guide, the last tool it states as needed is a Logic Probe or Oscilloscope. I've used O-scopes before but (...) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help neeeded in S19

Hi Chee, I used the assembler code of this shaft encoder software to create my own. Although using them in C is quite simple, programming in assembler much toucher - but very nice. Take a look at my website (URL) for the altered shaft encoder code. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help neeeded in S19

Hi To solve your problem you don't need to learn s19 code. You must only something like encoder0_low_threshold= 75; in your program (c and nod s19). You must only replace the 0 (zero) according to your used analog port. For further information refer (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Help neeeded in S19

hi, I am using handy board to control my robot. In order to implement dead reckoning, I brought a pair of shaft encoders which give 1000 counts per revolution. I have downloaded encoder driver (.icb file)from Handy Board website "(URL) And, I wish (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is Expansion Board Servo Voltage Suppose to Be 9v

Make sure you measure the voltage under load. Without a load the diodes won't look like they're dropping anything. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Yes, Fred, the diodes are in place. I Assume that is where I should start to test for opens, shorts and, bad diodes. Thanks for the help. Andy "Fred G. Martin" <fredm@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message news:200108150241.WA...net.com... (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Is Expansion Board Servo Voltage Suppose to Be 9v

Do you have the dropping 2n540x diodes in place? they should drop the 9.6v batt to the 5-6v servo voltage. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Is Expansion Board Servo Voltage Suppose to Be 9v

Hello again, I was surprised to find that my expansion board servo ports were putting 9 volts. Is this the way the board was designed or is this in error. Most servos I have come across work in the upper 4 to 6 volt range. The servo I have runs (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Help Needed With Serial Output Drivers Syntax

Does anyone have an example of how to use the 7i9600 serial driver with the Scott Edwards SSC II. I cannot seem to find any documentation. Thanks, Andy Loy andyl@citlink.net (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Problem in Battery Power

Hi Chee, I have been told the power still needs to be supplied from that connector. My idea was to only use two of the four connecting pins (one for plus and one for minus) downward from the expansion board and solder two female connectors (one for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Problem in Battery Power

Hi ! I am a research student in Robotic. I am using Handy Board together with Expansion Board to interface with DC motors and other sensory devices. Unfortunately, internal power supply is not adequate for powering my motors. So, I am thinking to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Shaft Encoder for Handy Board.

Hi Ridzuan, A couple of weeks ago I posted a question here if anyone had experience in using magnetic field sensors for building shaft encoders. The reactions I got lead me to build two shaftencoders using the KMZ10B by Philips. It is all pretty (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Shaft Encoder for Handy Board.

Hi there! We have three handy board controllers in our lab. We use it as our mobile robot's controller. Now, we want to add feedback motor control routine and required us to use shaft encoder. I just want to know, the model of the shaft encoder that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HB for sale

MOVING, gotta go... FOR SALE: Handy Board, Serial interface w/ battery charger; computer connector; misc elements from senosor/motor kit (including all 4 motors, most sensors); Interactive C license key ALL for $200 or best offer Excellent condition (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IRQ and XIRQ pins on handyboard

Hello everybody, Is it a reason why the IRQ pin of the 68HC11 is not available. On the schema, seems that this pin is always up. If I look in the pcode.asm, the interrupt vector for IRQ ($BFF2) is set to RTI (BadInt) So, if I need to link a device (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  LMD18200

Hi, I have a question about the PCB that Matt Harlan have made for an LMD18200 H-Bridge. In that PCB seems that the Thermal Flag Output of the chip goes directly out and ready to connet to the HB, but this output will not be, in the case of set, of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Any success running IC with W2000 on notebook?

Hi Steve, I have been running IC version 3.2 without any problems on W2k. Not on a notebook though. You can obtain a personal version of IC 3.2 from NetwtonLabs (www.newtonlabs.com/ic) for $35. Good luck, Willem van Asperen "Steve Mosiman" (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Any success running IC with W2000 on notebook?

I posted specific questions concerned running IC on windows 2000 last fall. I had a variety of problems. My solution was finally to use old machines with DOS or old windows. I am interested in any successes people have had with running IC under (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Heat Seeking

Hi all! Does anyone have experience with any kind of heat sensor (that ones used in burglar alarms). A few years ago I heard something about a MIT robot that had a people following and shoot (water gun) behaviour. Despite they did it with patern (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Troubles with Hamamatsu P3062-01 IR photo reflector / P5587

Hi Jan, I can not help with this specific device, but are you sure the device works like this? Can different outputs be measured, depending if there is white or black in front of it? Here I mean: measured with a voltmeter when pin 3 is not connected (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  magnetic shaft encoder

Hi All, Does anyone in this group have experience with using the KMZ10B (magnetic field sensor) to build a shaft encoder? I am interested in a schema to connect it to the HB, either digital or analog input. Thanks, Willem (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Power and Reset

Hi All, Thanks for the good advice I got. I applied a separate power sypply to the board, to drive the motors and everything seems to go well now. I am not sure if I need to change the L293D for a more powerfull alternative. The chip driving both (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Any web resources for Devantech SRF04 UltraSonic Ranger?

Can anyone provide some information and applications of the Devantech SRF04 UltraSonic Ranger for me? I am interested to use this sensor on my robot since it has a minimum 3cm ranging distance. (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handy Board For Sale!

I am selling my Gleason Research HB, it was only used for my design project. Total time of use would be about three months weeks. Comes with all the cables, charger/interface box, charger power supply, and Fully licensed Interactive C. I am the only (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Power and Reset

Nichola's suggestion is a simple and raw method to supply enough current for the motors, but it seems difficult to imply if your handyboard has an expansion board attached... The height between the two boards is not enough to fit 2 ICs, and this (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Power and Reset

I think your trouble come from the H-bridge chip (L293D), it doesn't support more than 600mA of current draw, and reset or crash the board then this value isn't respected. To solve this trouble, I used instead the L298N, it support up to 1A. In (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Power and Reset

Hi All, I Just created a (my first) mobile bot with two motors using differential drive. At random moments, during motor activity, one of the motors (or both) seems to go wild and soon after that the BATT led blinks and then the board is reset. I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: my Polaroid

Please get the Handy Board Technical Reference at (URL) . Then look on page 2. It's the item labeled #19, power expansion header. sorry for the inconsistent naming. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  my Polaroid

hello people :) I have refered to this site regarding my Polaroid's (ranging system) interface of the H.B, (URL) what I do not understand is the phrase..." To Handy Board Motor Power Connection" on the schematic...where do they mean by that?! by the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Java and the HandyBoards

Hello. I am trying to get java to work on the handyboards using the things provided from the simpleRTJ webpage. If anyone has had success getting java to work on the handyboards, either the regular or the expansion boards, using simpleRTJ, please (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: SOS: How can I get my robot moving straight?

Hi Zhengrong, I think it is possible. Your Handyboard has to give a pwm signal to your gyroscope. The gyroscope lengthens or shortens this pwm and gives it back to the Handyboard. I haven’t ever seen drivers for a gyroscope, so you’ll have to write (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: SOS: How can I get my robot moving straight?

I am also designing a similar car or truck, my idea is use a rotation sensor and worm gear to rack and pinion, then control it keeping straight base on rotation value, is it possible? Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  SOS: How can I get my robot moving straight?

Hi, I’m trying to get my robot moving straight, but it doesn’t work. My robot is configured for differential steering and I have shaft encoders installed on each one for feedback. The encoders are working with the encoder library from the Handy (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  java and the handyboards

I am a student doing a summer research project for my school that is focused on using java on the handyboards. I have been using the things from the simple real time java page, and am having three problems. Any help would be utterly appreciated. The (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  DC motors and expansion board

How many 9v DC motors can I attach to the handyboard with the expansion board? Where should I attach them to the expansion board and how do I code for them in IC? Thanks, Elliot Anderson Assistant Professor of Art, Electronic Media Art Department (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  my Polaroid again!

I have checked this link regarding the interface of the Polaroid ranging system to the HB. (URL) I don’t get is the term “To Handy Board Motor Power Connector” on the connection schematic…what is actually meant by that; is it to the four motors (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  E-mail authentication during posting

The Quick Summary ===...=== Effectively immediately, all LUGNET News posts now require e-mail authentication after posting, in order to prevent the continuance of forged messages. An exception to this rule is if you are a member and signed-in (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.handyboard, lugnet.cad) !!

  Re: How many 5 wire steppers?

Hello, From the book "Mobile Robots -- Inspiration to implementation", there is a circuit that used to sample the noise level from the mic. It also comes with Interactive-C source code. I guess this is what you are looking for. Thanks. Patrick Hui (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Phasing Errors and as11

Has anyone managed to sort out all the "phasing errors" you get when you try to reassemble pcode v3.1 using as11? Thanks, George Musser georgejr@musser.com (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  How many 5 wire steppers?

I have a Handyboard with the expansion board. I'm building an interactive sculpture with the board. This is my first use of my Handyboard. I would like to hook up five or six stepper motors to the board. The motors I'm using are scrapped from old (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Beginners Quest.

The E1 chip works with the Handy Board. Actually, any of the 52-pin PLCC 6811s will work. You may have to change the CONFIG register to get Interactive C to run. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Pyro sensor

Hi! Does anyone has implemented a person following behavior? If so I would appreciate any hardware or software details. If I'm not wrong, I can modify one of those PIR detectors used with burglar alarms as it has the sensing element and amplifiers (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Beginners Quest.

Well, I almost sure that you have to use the A1, the other chips have a different configuration, like they can have an eeprom. (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Beginners Quest.

Hi all there, Plz can somebody tell me if I can use MC68HC11E1, E0 or F1 chip instead of HC11A1. I've just looked into archives and found nothing about that. Thx for help. (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: two Qs

Hi, (...) (int (...) Yes. You still can use motor library to control the speed if using separate motor supply. (...) You can check the following link: (URL) Regards, Patrick Hui (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: two Qs

Q.1) Yes. Q.2) I don't know this sensor. Bye. (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  two Qs

Hello... I'd like to ask two questions regarding my H.B; Q.1) If I cut the motors power-trace on the H.B to connect an external 24 volt dc power supply. Would I still be able to control the speed and direction of the motors by software using the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: download .s19 problem

(...) Ok, i searched a bit in the net and found out that S0 is a header record (with no usefull information, or!?). So it seems to me that dl from Randy Sargent doesn´t work with *.s19 files with a S0 header (or does it work for anyone else?). So (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: download .s19 problem

(...) Heyho! Hmmm, are you sure? But why does it work then when i change S0 to S1? I don´t change the memory map with this. But can somebody tell me a site, where the different S Types are explained? I know S1 (a normal dataset) and S9 (the last (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Polaroid 6500 Works Only When Phonecord is Connected

Hello everyone, I think my post subject is self-explanatory, but let me broaden a little more. I've connected the P6500 to the expansion board which uses and external 9V battery connected to J13 as it's power source. Now, I can only get valid (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Troubles with Hamamatsu P3062-01 IR photo reflector / P5587

Hi, Can anyone help me. I’m trying to use Hamamatsu P3062-01 IR photo reflector) as a shaft encoder ( which is compatible to the P5587) with my Handy Board. The P3062-01 is connected to a digital input. But it doesn’t work: the digital input doesn’t (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Handy Board web site ISP switch

Hi all, I'm switching to a new ISP to host the Handy Board web site. During the next few days, the URL might not resolve properly. If you have trouble loading handyboard.com, you can use (URL) . This works now. Hopefully the switch-over will be (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: download .s19 problem

the target of your code is probably the zero page of RAM, where the downloader bootstrap routine lives. so as your code is being downloaded, you're over-writing the hc11-ram-based dl comms code and the host side ultimately fails. fred (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  download .s19 problem

Hy! I have problems downloading a self compiled file to my Handyboard (with 68HC11A1). I just wrote a little test programm: int main() { int foo = 0; while (foo < 1000) { foo++; } return(0); } and compiled it to a .s19 file with the gnu gcc 68hc11 (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  simpleRTJ servo or encoder code for HandyBoard?

Hi, I'm trying to use simpleRTJ on my HandyBoard with expansion board. The servo code needs some work as the servos chatter alot. Has anyone cleaned up the servo code? Also, I'm looking for code for encoders for the HandyBoard using simpleRTJ. Any (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: More about bumper problem and HB turn itself off

Hi Patrick, When I connect the bumper circuit to the HB, the HB turns itself off and doesn’t reset until I disconnect the circuit. After disconnecting the circuit , the HB resets without any problems. I’ve tried another thing: when I connect only (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Need help with bumpers connected to the HB

Hello, Can you describe more about "HB turns itself off ?" Does the HB reset itself? The analog inputs for HB have pull-up resistors. This pull-up resistor may cause the problem. Thanks. Patrick Hui (URL) Original Message ----- From: "Haberlag" (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Outputs

Right now I've got one Sharp GP2D05 IR Ranger rigged to TO3 and another to digital in 9. Those are working fine, but I'd like to add a servo motor, which needs one of those two ports for a signal. The FAQ mentions using the J6 SPI pins, might I be (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Need help with bumpers connected to the HB

Hi, I’ve got a problem in getting started with the Handy Board. I’d like to connect a bumper detection circuit to the analog0 of my HB. But when I connect the bumper circuit to my HB , the HB turns itself off. Can anybody help me? Any help would be (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Will not keep P-Code.....

Rmoving every chips except 62256 RAM and 74HC132, and try it again if it works. Besides the memory chip (62256), please also check the 74HC373 (under-neath the 62256 RAM). Patrick Hui (URL) Original Message ----- From: "Kurt Telep" <kt25@drexel.edu> (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Will not keep P-Code.....

Well, I recently got a hold of a handyboard from a |friend of mine who swore it was "junk and didnt' work" | After cleaning up some ugly looking solder joints on |the board, it powered right up and began to work |great. Well, when I went to screw it (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  huip@hkstar.com

Hi, I have two question. 1. I received my IR transmitter from you, but I'm not sure how to attach it (in what direction). 2. I also received the Polaroid sonar system. I wonder if there are any more info available about it beside the datasheet which (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Is the Handy Board compatible with Windows ME?

I have a Gateway Performance (933Mhz) using Windows Millenium Edition. The Handy Board works on other computers (work, school, etc) but not with this one. I follow the HyperTerminal steps & get the message: "Unable to open COM1. Please check your (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: gcc hb lib

Kai Schlamp writes: > Can somebody tell me what the assembler directive ".follow" means in the > GCC Handyboard Library written by Curt Mills? I can´t find it in the > documentation of the up to date as6811 version 3.0 and as6811 also > doesn´t (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  gcc hb lib

Hy! Can somebody tell me what the assembler directive ".follow" means in the GCC Handyboard Library written by Curt Mills? I can´t find it in the documentation of the up to date as6811 version 3.0 and as6811 also doesn´t assemble the files with this (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: generating waves

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Matthias Weber writes: I think your best bet would be to create an external oscillator that could be controlled using one of the TOC's. I mention the TOC's in case you need to pulse the oscillation (infrared remote (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: NiMh batteries

You are correct, the NiCd batteries are a dying breed. HOWEVER, NiCds will retain their charge on the shelf whereas NiMh batteries will continually discharge slowly. After a couple of weeks your battery will not have any charge. The best of both (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  NiMh batteries

Hello folks, I want to implement 8 Nimh (nickel metal hydride) batteries instead of Nicads on my robot. I have read that these are lighter, have more capacity and don't retain charge memory. The batteries I am looking at are 1200 mAh. Currently it (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Instructions for building own Handyboard

Thanks for the advice. I might check out the kits. I'd really like to do it all myself - it helps having a Fry's Electronics about 2 miles from my house, but I understand about the multiple shipping charges adding up. It's also a matter of cost: (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  video of Spring 2001 Robotic Egg Hunt now online

In case you missed our live webcast on 29 April 2001, I have put the complete Spring 2001 LEGO My Egg-O Robotic Egg Hunt video online. (URL) site in case www.eecs is down; it's been spotty lately, due to renovations in the machine room] (URL) 8 (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Fred's book available again

Hi everyone, Sorry for the shameless self-promotion, but: my book is in stock at Amazon and Barnes and Noble again. If you'd like to order with me as an affiliate, below are links to the respective companies. Thanks for your patience and interest! (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Instructions for building own Handyboard

James, Gerber files can be found in the Hardware:PCB Layouts link. The HB is a fairly complex board -- are you sure you want to make it by hand? If you haven't gone from Gerber files to boards before, the HB probably isn't the best board to start (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Instructions for building own Handyboard

At the risk of coming off like a complete newbie (which I am) to this stuff, where can I find "Handyboard for dummies" kind of information about the Handyboard. I would like to build one from scratch (etching the board) this summer with my (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HELP!!Arrays in IC

(...) really? what was I thinking of then, does the commercial version of IC support 2d arrays? Thanks for telling me, I might have spent the rest of my robot programming days without arrays :-( <>< Chris ><> (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HELP!!Arrays in IC

The free IC does support one-dimensional arrays. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HELP!!Arrays in IC

What version of IC are you using? I know the free version doesn't support arrays (at least I don't think so). (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  generating waves

Hi from Germany, I need some help for generating a sqare wave with the Handyboard. The frequency should be 16kHz at least. And the number of peeks must be countable. I only could made a 1kHz symmetrical square wave with low=high=0,5ms. For that I (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HELP!!Arrays in IC

HI I have been trying to use arrays in Interactive C with the handybaord. I have to read from analog inputs 0,1,2 and 3 of the handybaord and put those values in an array. so I had written: int v0=analog(0); int v1=analog(1); int v2=analog(2); int (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Gcc with handyboard

(...) If there exist a library and it's easy to use the gcc with handyboard - then i am will using it :) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  A rugwarrior question

Hi, I am trying to use a handyboard with a rugwarrior pro. Are there any header locations that I could use for a +5V & Ground connection for a shaft encoder.I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks, Umar (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sorry, last posting was confusing

Please see Curt Mills' gcc libraries for the HB, linked from (URL) . Fred (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sorry, last posting was confusing

I'm sorry, my last posting was confusing. I know that there's a port of GCC for handyboard ((URL) but, to my knowledge, there's no specific library (with function to control beep, LCD, motors, sensors etc., bootstrap code, ) for that port of GCC. (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Gcc with handyboard

Is anybody using/planning to use/willing to use gcc with the handyboard? I'm planning to and before starting to write a new library, I'd like to know what's out there. Thanks, Valerio Aimale --- Valerio Aimale Scientist direct: 505.992.6741 Bios (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Spring 2001 Robotic Egg Hunt at CWRU, Sunday 29 April 2001

The 12th "LEGO My Egg-O" Robotic Egg Hunt will be held on Sunday, 29 April 2001, 12:30-3:00 PM, at the Great Lakes Science Center, Cleveland, Ohio. The Egg Hunt is the final design competition of my Autonomous Robotics course at Case Western (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Startup help

I'm a senior planning on using the Handyboard with a Mindstorm robot for my senior project. Is there anyone out there who could help my team and I get started with our project? We were thinking of purchasing the Handyboard first to play with it and (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Using own power source with motors

Yes. Please see the info at (URL) directions on doing this. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Using own power source with motors

Is it possible to hook up a 4.5V DC motor to the HandyBoard using your own power source(i.e. 4 AA batteries)? (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Emergency....lost IC

When I was putting my handyboard up for the night, the battery pack touched the side of the board with the LCD screen. The board was off at the time, but all of the red motor LEDs lit up. When I turned the board back on I had lost IC. I tried to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Problems with bootstrap download

I am having a problem putting HandyBoard into bootstrap download mode. When I turn the HandyBoard on(holding down the stop button) the two LEDs do not turn off, and the board is not being detected. Also, a line of black squares appears on the LCD. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  hardware problem

Hi We were uploading pseudo-code, and suddently the board turnend off. Now we can uploade the pseudo-code, but after we cut the power, the code is gone. The memory chip is getting hot, so maybe thats the problem??? and the condencer located next to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Gameboy Camera Code

Some of you have requested the code I used to interface the Gameboy Camera to a Handyboard w/ expansion libs. I put the IC code and a few good links here (URL) used a modified version of the VB Image Viewer from the Yahoo 68332 Group to display the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard) !

  RE: Handyboard execution/operation speed

Hi Everyone: Well, no responses, so I'll ask again: How fast does the HandyBoard with the standard interactive C libraries execute standard IC instructions? What about the software system interrupt at 1kHz and the multitasking overhead, how do they (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: How to get parts in Germany?

Hans-Walter Auge schrieb: (...) The cheapest source in germany would be www.elpro.org but delivery takes up to 2 weeks and often some parts are not on stock. The A1FN is about 12 DM there. Just call them at 06154-63570 and ask for a catalog. Another (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: How to get parts in Germany?

(...) Well, thats not a problem. For the LCD you can get a other one that is Hitachi compatible. In fact thats the most. You can get such one by Conrad (a german electronic distributor) Reichelt, Kessler, ... and the most local electronic stores. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  How to get parts in Germany?

Hello, i am from Germany and want to build two Handyboards with a friend. We have problems to get some of the parts in Germany. We don´t get the LCD (LM-052L), the Motorola MC69HC11A1FN and other pieces. So who comes from Germany and has built self (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Many Handy boards and one computer

Hi all, I am trying to build the following system, and I thought that maybe Handy Board will come in handy. Anyone has experience with something like that - adding a touch screen LCD to it, networking many boards together? Here's the description: (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Emergency - Half Dead Robot

Welp, I've fixed the problem. Apparently the inductor at L1 has burnt out. I have no idea how could this have happened beside wear and tear (although the board was pretty new). As others have suggested, replacing the motor chips (starting with U8 (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact