 Robotics / Handy Board / 8412
Re: How many 5 wire steppers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:12:52 GMT

Hello,

From the book "Mobile Robots -- Inspiration to implementation", there is a
circuit that used to sample the noise level from the mic. It also comes with
Interactive-C source code.
I guess this is what you are looking for.

Thanks.

Patrick Hui
http://www.robotstorehk.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elliot Anderson" <ewanders@cats.ucsc.edu>
To: <lugnet.robotics.handyboard@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 6:13 AM
Subject: How many 5 wire steppers?

         I have a Handyboard with the expansion board.  I'm building an
interactive sculpture with the board.  This is my first use of my
Handyboard.  I would like to hook up five or six stepper motors to the
board.  The motors I'm using are scrapped from old 5-1/4 floppy
drives.  They're all the 5 wire variety.  Is this possible?
         Otherwise, I have some DC motors I can use.  I know that I can • use
four easily from the Handyboard itself, have tested them out and know how
to control them.  How many DC motors can I hook up to the expansion board
and how do I control them?
         Also, is there any way  that the Handyboard can recognize sound
volume input from a mic?  I want to slow the motors based on the volume of
sound.
         I'm working with IC v3.2.  Any sites that would give examples of
coding and schematics would be helpful.

Thanks,

Elliot Anderson

Assistant Professor of Art, Electronic Media
Art Department
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA 95064

(831) 459-2955