 Robotics / Handy Board / 8424
Re: Power and Reset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:36:30 GMT

    I think your trouble come from the H-bridge chip (L293D), it doesn't
support more than 600mA of current draw, and reset or crash the board then
this value isn't respected.
    To solve this trouble, I used instead the L298N, it support up to 1A. In
fact, I used two L298N, one other the over, soldered together, this way it
support twice more. You can do this with the L293D too.
    Notice that this way is a bit hazardeous, particulary if you're not good
at soldering.

Nicolas Delaporte