 Robotics / Handy Board / 8425
Re: Power and Reset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:41:12 GMT

Nichola's suggestion is a simple and raw method to supply enough current for
the motors, but it seems difficult to imply if your handyboard has an
expansion board attached... The height between the two boards is not enough
to fit 2 ICs, and this sometimes leads to a overheat problem to the L293D
chips. I recommend you to use the SN754410  IC instead of L293D to solve the
problem. You can request samples from Texas Instruments for free through
their website http://www.ti.com . Or you can try the high power H-bridge
designs in the Handyboard Website.