 Robotics / Handy Board / 8358
RE: Handyboard execution/operation speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:58:04 GMT

Hi Everyone:

Well, no responses, so I'll ask again:

      How fast does the HandyBoard with the standard interactive C
libraries execute standard IC instructions?  What about the software system
interrupt at 1kHz and the multitasking overhead, how do they play into
things?

I know float instructions can take upwards of 1ms (!), but what about other
IC instructions?  Do different instructions require different numbers of
cycles?  How long does the interrupt and multitasking between the 1ms
'ticks' take?

Thanks for any information - I think this would make a great FAQ entry.

--
William Sitch, B.E.Eng. (1999) Carleton University
OCIECE Master of Engineering Candidate