 Robotics / Handy Board / 8430
Re: Troubles with Hamamatsu P3062-01 IR photo reflector / P5587
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:52:32 GMT

Hi Jan,

I can not help with this specific device, but are you sure the device works
like this? Can different outputs be measured, depending if there is white or
black in front of it? Here I mean: measured with a voltmeter when pin 3 is
not connected to the HB.

Also, to what digital input did you wire the device? Are you sure the HB is
not having a pull-up resistor tied to it? Have a look at
http://www.acroname.com/robotics/info/examples/GP2D12-1/GP2D12-1.html where
Acroname descibes how to disable the pull-up resistor on one of the analog
inputs. Will be simmilar for the digital inputs.

Good luck,
Willem

"Haberlag" <bhaberlag@compuserve.de> wrote in message
Hi,
Can anyone help me. I'm trying to use Hamamatsu P3062-01 IR photo • reflector)
as a shaft encoder ( which is compatible to the  P5587) with my Handy • Board.
The P3062-01 is connected to a digital input. But it doesn't work: the
digital input doesn't change its value whether  there's something white in
front of the sensor or something black (distance: about 3mm)  , so the
sensor doesn't react of any photo reflexes.

Here's how I connected the P3062-01 to my HB:

(If you hold the photo reflector so that the ermitter/detector side is
facing you, there are two pins on the left and three on the right. In this
position pin-1 is in the upper left corner, pin-2 in the  lower left, • pin-3
in the lower right, pin-5 in the upper right.)

pin 1(emitter cathode) --> ground
pin 2 (emitter anode) --> 680R to  +5V
pin 3 (sensor output) --> 6K8 to +5V
pin 4 (sensor gound) --> ground
pin5 (sensor VCC) --> signal

What shall I do now? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan