 Robotics / Handy Board / 8399
8398  |  8400
Subject:
Troubles with Hamamatsu P3062-01 IR photo reflector / P5587
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 17:36:47 GMT

Hi,
Can anyone help me. I’m trying to use Hamamatsu P3062-01 IR photo reflector)
as a shaft encoder ( which is compatible to the  P5587) with my Handy Board.
The P3062-01 is connected to a digital input. But it doesn’t work: the
digital input doesn’t change its value whether  there’s something white in
front of the sensor or something black (distance: about 3mm)  , so the
sensor doesn’t react of any photo reflexes.

Here’s how I connected the P3062-01 to my HB:

(If you hold the photo reflector so that the ermitter/detector side is
facing you, there are two pins on the left and three on the right. In this
position pin-1 is in the upper left corner, pin-2 in the  lower left, pin-3
in the lower right, pin-5 in the upper right.)

pin 1(emitter cathode) --> ground
pin 2 (emitter anode) --> 680R to  +5V
pin 3 (sensor output) --> 6K8 to +5V
pin 4 (sensor gound) --> ground
pin5 (sensor VCC) --> signal

What shall I do now? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan