 Robotics / Handy Board / 8416
8415  |  8417
Subject:
java and the handyboards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:32:36 GMT

I am a student doing a summer research project for my school that is
focused on using java on the handyboards.  I have been using the things
from the simple real time java page, and am having three problems.  Any
help would be utterly appreciated.  The first problem I am having is with
the loader program provided (load.bat) which uses a program called
jload.exe   The load.bat is loading all of the .s19 files onto the
handyboard,  however, once I use it, if I try to use it again, the
computer freezes and I have to reboot.  I have tried it on various
computers (all running win98) and I get the same result, so I am pretty
sure it is not the comp.  It is a pain because every little change that I
make to the code, I have to reboot before loading it.  The second problem
is dealing with the Digital.  My handyboard has 9 digital 'slots' and,
using ic, I have gotten these to work fine.  I have been using touch
sensors there.  However, the jdk for the handyboard from the webpage
talking about the digital and other things, does not give any function
that can be used to specifiy which digital port, therefore I
cannot use them.  Lastly, does anyone know of an error guide from
simplertj?  Sometimes, when I am running a program, I get on the LCD screen
something like this:  E 01 04   which i assume is an error message, but I
haven't found anywhere that tells me what it is.  Help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks.

devon