 Robotics / Handy Board / 8393
Re: Need help with bumpers connected to the HB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 23:34:36 GMT

Hello,

Can you describe more about "HB turns itself off ?"
Does the HB reset itself?
The analog inputs for HB have pull-up resistors. This pull-up resistor may
cause the problem.

Thanks.

Patrick Hui
http://www.RobotStoreHK.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Haberlag" <bhaberlag@compuserve.de>
To: <lugnet.robotics.handyboard@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 2:29 AM
Subject: Need help with bumpers connected to the HB

Hi, I've got a problem in getting started with the Handy Board. I'd like • to
connect a bumper detection circuit to the analog0 of my HB. But when I
connect the bumper circuit to my HB , the HB turns itself off. Can anybody
help me? Any help would be really appreciated!

I've taken the circuit  from the book "Mobile Robots: Inspiration to
Implantation"(Loseph L. Jones, Anita Flynn). For somebody who hasn't got
this book I tried  to describe as well as possible this circuit.

Bumper circuit description:

From +5V to Gnd are 3 resistances (2.2K ; 1.2K ; 1.2K) connected in • series.
Two of  three 47K resistances are wired from the nodes between the three
resistances to the 5V pin of each micro-switch. One 47K is from the node
between the 2,2K to +5V.

Each mico-switch is wired up like this:
(the left side is where the lever is fasted to the plastic case)

left pin  to signal
middle pin to Gnd
right pin to  47K resictance (to +5V)

Thanks and best regards,