 Robotics / Handy Board / 8373
8372  |  8374
Subject:
generating waves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 06:15:05 GMT

Hi from Germany,

I need some help for generating a sqare wave with the Handyboard.
The frequency should be 16kHz at least. And the number of peeks must be
countable.
I only could made a 1kHz symmetrical square wave with low=high=0,5ms.
For that I tried to use TOC2 and/or TOC5 programmed in assembly language.
As the std. timer periode is 500ns to 32.77ms a 16kHz outputfreq. should be
capable (I think it). But there are problems. A frequency higher than 1kHz
causes a lot of mistakes in the square wave. Its not homogeneous any more.
What could I do?
Perhaps, an external oszilator(16kHz) with a valve driven by the HB and the
wave counted by the HB to open and close the valve?
What is the shortest time that I could detect by the Handyboard ?(using TICx
or PA (pulseaccumulator))

Please think about it and let my know about your ideas.

Bye
<Matthias>