 Robotics / Handy Board / 8386
Re: gcc hb lib
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 13:27:56 GMT

Kai Schlamp writes:
> Can somebody tell me what the assembler directive ".follow" means in the
> GCC Handyboard Library written by Curt Mills? I can´t find it in the
> documentation of the up to date as6811 version 3.0 and as6811 also
> doesn´t assemble the files with this directive.
> And another question: Is the GCC HB Library working with the current
> version of the gcc cross compiler (from http://www.gnu-m68hc11.org/)? I
> tried some different things, but the gcc can´t compile assemblercode for
> the as6811, and so i am not able to link the assemblercode (written for
> as6811) with the other C Code (for gcc).
> How did that work in the past? Did the old gcc cross compiler use as6811
> instead of gas?

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but...

A year or so ago, I took Curt Mill's handyboard library and ported it to
gas and the then-current cross compiler.  It seemed to work fairly well,
but I honestly can't say what the current state of the code is.  Since some
of you might be adventure seekers, I've put a tarball of the code, updated
Makefiles, etc, up at ftp://ftp.csgeeks.org/pub/handyboard/libhb.tar.gz.

If anyone has any specific questions about the code, I'll try to answer,
but don't expect that this will be ready to run out of the box.  It might
take a bit of hacking to get right.

If someone wants to pick this up and do edits, I'm willing to provide the
FTP server and/or CVS repository for the hacking.

Thanks to Curt Mills for giving me something to work with...  He did most
of the hard work.  :-)

Enjoy,
  -Matt

--