 Robotics / Handy Board / 8418
Re: SOS: How can I get my robot moving straight?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:29:36 GMT

I am also designing a similar car or truck, my idea is use a rotation sensor
and worm gear to rack and pinion, then control it keeping straight base on
rotation value, is it possible?

Zhengrong

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Jan Haberlag writes:

Hi,
I’m trying to get my robot moving straight, but it doesn’t work. My robot is
configured for differential steering and I have shaft encoders installed on
each one for feedback. The encoders are working with the encoder library
from the Handy Board Page. Does anybody have an IC-Code to get a robot
moving straight?
Or has anyone  modified the proportional-integral-control (with the shaft
encoders connected to PA0 and PA7) out of the book “Mobile Robots:
Inspiration to Implantation” modified for use with the HB?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Please help me! Thanks,

Jan