 Robotics / Handy Board / 8440
Re: Problem in Battery Power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:34:27 GMT

Hi Chee,

I have been told the power still needs to be supplied from that connector.
My idea was to only use two of the four connecting pins (one for plus and
one for minus) downward from the expansion board and solder two female
connectors (one for plus and one for minus) on the other two pins, upward.
This way the expansion board will still be connected to the HB, but also you
can supply it with extra power for the motors.

I have not tried it, and any comment is very much appreciated.

Willem

"Chee Khoon Tan" <tan_chee_khoon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi !

I am a research student in Robotic. I am using Handy Board together with
Expansion Board to interface with DC motors and other sensory devices.
Unfortunately, internal power supply is not adequate for powering my • motors.
So, I am thinking to cut the thick motor power trace, and then plugging a
secodary power devices into battery power jacks.

But, the battery power jacks have been accupied by Expansion Board's pins.
How do I suppy the external power to my DC motors in this situation? Does
the Expansion Board be affected when the power traced is cut?

Can you offer any suggestions. And your help is very much be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards;
Chee