 Off-Topic / Debate / 15170
Re: LEGO... are you out there? Do you care? (WAS: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:13:13 GMT

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 04:17:44 GMT, "Allan Bedford"
<apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Richie Dulin writes:

Doing 10 times better than the nearest competitor would seem to be pretty
good, wouldn't it?

Is LUGNET the competition?  What is LUGNET selling?

LUGNET is (part of) the competition for LEGO focused internet time. It
doesn't need to be selling anything.

So they make product announcements on a website that is drawing visitors
away from their own site?  I ask again... does this make business sense?

Help me understand your point Richie, you've lost me.  :)

Regards,
Allan
One way of looking at it is thus, we here on Lugnet tend to hardcore,
rabid fans that once we see an announcement HERE, tend to go there
soon after (for the pictures man! :^)   At the very least I know that
I tend to go there to confirm that it's 'real' and for all the details
and of course the pictures.
Basically relatively few of the masses that go to Lego.com know about
Lugnet, *BUT* everyone that goes to Lugnet knows about Lego.com.
So an announcement here drives the rabid fans there and the fans there
don't know it was maybe mentioned here first, Lego wins with both
groups.
Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)