 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3755
Re: WHY SO LONG ON Light Gray?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:38:14 GMT

"Doyle Nelson" <doylenelson@(NOSPAM)home.com> writes:
I am currently building a project than has been in the works for more than 5
Years (I hope that is patient enough?) And is going to cost me in the realm
of $20,000 to $30,000 to make. I was hoping to cut that cost and speed
production up by Bulk orders of bricks not readily available in auctions in
quantity.

When you're talking such incredibly large quantities, it seems likely
to me that you are in a completely different category from most of us
who are looking for bulk sales.  Hundreds of thousands of bricks of
any one particular size/color?  No matter how much overhead is
involved, it's stupid for TLC or Lego Direct to ignore such a large
volume order.  They should be able to accomodate that, even if they
can't see their way clear to offering parts in the 10's to 1000's
quantities to the rest of us.

--Bill.