 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3773
Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 05:22:34 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

No, I think Richie and I guess you, are missing *my* point.  I'm only • trying
to point out that LEGO uses LUGNET as it's internet information • distribution
point to the exclusion of its own website.  Things are announced on LUGNET
that do not get announced on LEGO.com or only get posted there later.  The
point I'm *trying* to make is that they need to pay more attention to
LEGO.com and less attention to LUGNET.

[ ... snipped ... ]

This isn't completely true.  The 2002 catalog scans were provided to FBTB
(http://www.fbtb.net) and announced there first.  Tim Saupe then posted
their existance here on LUGNET.  Based on the watermark on the catalog
images I inferred that LD provided the images to Tim.  Why they would do
that as opposed to posting them on their own web site is beyond me.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot