 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3748
Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 07:31:57 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Allan Bedford writes:
When was the vote on that?  Did I miss it?  Or was it something discussed at
one of the direct meetings with Brad et all?

In fact the very first "bulk" part requested in this group was the cypress
tree, by Mark Herzberg:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=12

(Remember when Bulk was defined as "not less than 1000 of the same part? It
was that thread. Coming in May 2000. Hey, we got the cypress trees. The
price of $1 was named by the first to echo "me too" , Tim Strutt, who also
didn't really want 1000. See for yourself.)

The cypress trees were also "voted up" in the subsequent "top ten parts"
polls we did here, along with train windows and stuff.

A late thread (June 2001) produced a chorus of approval for cypress trees:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=2858

The wish list page is still here:
http://home.xnet.com/~catena/ld_want.shtml

Described in this thread: