 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3750
Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:22:52 GMT

You're right, this was all done by adult fans for adult fans. I was just
trying to dig out some of Lugnet's past for you that you might have missed.

Lego have used real consumer research at other times (we saw a questionaire
at Brickfest for example.) I have to think that the Lugnet contribution was
extremely informal, never intended to really drive the process.

Since bulk didn't happen after all, I have concluded that the present "bulk"
program is being conducted with leftovers and surplus. Which might be all
that Lego Direct can do at this point with Enfield molding shut down, and
might be what Denmark decided it ought to be. Just speculation, but clearly
we haven't the hoped-for outcome described in April 2000.