 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3749
Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:13:32 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Allan Bedford writes:
When was the vote on that?  Did I miss it?  Or was it something discussed at
one of the direct meetings with Brad et all?

In fact the very first "bulk" part requested in this group was the cypress
tree, by Mark Herzberg:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=12

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my original posting.  I meant, "Was
there a vote, initiated by the LEGO Company, on the subject of what parts to
release in bulk?"

The cypress trees were also "voted up" in the subsequent "top ten parts"
polls we did here, along with train windows and stuff.

A late thread (June 2001) produced a chorus of approval for cypress trees:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=2858

Yes, it nicely represents the small community that is LUGNET, but since it
wasn't a true 'vote' on the LEGO.com site, I'm not sure that I would put
much faith in it representing the LEGO buying public in general.

The wish list page is still here:
http://home.xnet.com/~catena/ld_want.shtml

Described in this thread:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3066

In this last posting you mention, there is a note that allegedly Brad
mentioned that he was "disappointed that people were no longer contributing
to that page".  (Referring to the wish list page noted above)

If this is really the way in which Brad wants to go about gathering his
data, then I may have overestimated the committment of LEGO Direct to bulk
pieces.  This sort of polling should only be conducted on LEGO.com.  It's
wonderful to rely on the fan community to provide you with this information,
but what happens to the greater percentage of your buying customers who are
NOT part of the fan community.  How does their opinion/vote get registered?

Wish lists and 'me too' postings on LUNGET do not a vote make.

Regards,
Allan B.