 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3737
Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 08:52:54 GMT

"Doyle Nelson" <doylenelson@(NOSPAM)home.com> wrote in message

Whats new Jack, I personally dont think they have good business sense! I
mean if Brad keeps this up they may just find someone else?

Uhh, where have you been?  I understand frustration over the slowness of
churning out bulk offerings, but Brad has done nothing short of an amazing
job since the inception of LEGO Direct.

In fact, the whole LEGO Direct team has done an amazing job.  In the last
couple years of their existance, they've assisted fans attend several events
at LEGOLAND, overhauled the website, put out a large quantity of products
which are NOT juniorized, solicited our opinion via the website, and
countless other behind the scenes tasks.

Companies take time to change, and even the well meaning people at LEGO
Direct (I have met on multiple occasions Brad, Jake McKee, Tomas Clark, etc)
cannot do everything in such a short period of time.  The guys (and gals)
who work at LD are fans too.

Just because LEGO doesn't come out with everything you want when you want
it, doesn't make them worthy of such criticism.

We've voiced our opinions many times.  In the past, haven't strong
expressions of desire been met with a response?  Hello, spruce trees?
Trains?  I'm sure they will address the bulk gray and bulk plates as soon as
they can.

I'm satisfied with LEGO Direct.  Sure, I wish they could introduce new bulk
lots faster, but I'm not the one ordering the parts into production, so I
don't know all the intricacies about cost, time, etc.  Doesn't mean that
since they don't have what you want right away they aren't doing a good job
though.

-Tim