 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3765
Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:27:52 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Allan Bedford writes:

I would be willing to bet a shiny new red 2x4 brick that the LEGO site gets
more hits during any given time period than LUGNET.  I'm simply saying that
LUGNET does not represent the general public, only a small niche of fans.

And I'm saying that LEGO.com does not represent the general public either,
only a slightly larger small niche of fans.

O.K.  Let me try to express what I'm feeling in different words.

If the LEGO.com site isn't getting at least 10 times the hits/day of LUGNET,
then someone is really doing something wrong.

Think about it, honestly... when you want to go find out about a Dell
computer, do you go to Dell.com or do you hunt around on the Internet trying
to find the most popular Dell fan-based site?  If you are Joe Average
consumer you go to Dell.com first.

Remember the reported increase in sales for
the Guarded Inn when it appeared in the Mania magazine?

No, I have no idea what you're talking about.  Sorry.
My mistake, it was the S@H catalog, not the magazine, see:
http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=460 et al

O.K. I've read the posting (mostly 2nd hand info of what Brad may or may not
have said) and I'm not sure I understand your point.

Regards,
Allan B.