 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3738
Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 09:54:48 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney writes:
"Doyle Nelson" <doylenelson@(NOSPAM)home.com> wrote in message

Whats new Jack, I personally dont think they have good business sense! I
mean if Brad keeps this up they may just find someone else?

Uhh, where have you been?  I understand frustration over the slowness of
churning out bulk offerings, but Brad has done nothing short of an amazing
job since the inception of LEGO Direct.

<snipped well-deserved kudos for Brad and Co.>

   I agree wholeheartedly with the amount of steer this smallish
   and extremely young (<3 years) unit of TLC has been able to exert,
   by using its own position within the company and by using the
   *free* market information we provide.  I have a feeling that so
   long as we keep discussing our opinions and desires, and what's
   more *acting* upon them when LD gets us something we've wanted,
   their ability to offer us yet more will only accrete faster.

   That said, I think the original concern was more one of "huh?"
   regarding the *choice* of bulk colors.  I have to admit, when
   I saw that Sand Red was the next color being produced in bulk,
   I really scratched my head.  I can't figure it out.  When I take
   it in comparison with sand green, sand blue, and even orange,
   it's hardly the color I or most other builders have clamored for.
   The major confusion is as to why *that* color was chosen, and
   not one of the more vocally sought-after ones.  Just for my own
   curiosity if nothing else I'd love to know how the decision was
   made to make the raspberry-sherbet color and not sand-blue or
   sand-green.  (OK, OK, so the Statue of Liberty has lots of sand
   green, I admit...)

   But I fully agree with Tim about the relatively rapid pace of
   change LD has been able to foster.  I've been around for a long
   time, but at no point in my rtl/atl life or even at the start
   of LUGNET did I think we'd be where we are today or even in 2005
   with respect to the company's relationship to the fan base and
   its responsiveness to our desires.

   That said, of course, there are lots of things I'd *love* to see,
   and I'm going to keep harping on 'em, because sooner or later,
   they could just show up.  Just ask Richard about his trees...

   best

   LFB