 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3772
Re: WHY SO LONG ON Light Gray?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 05:05:32 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Troy Cefaratti writes:
I don't think it's unrealistic for people to want to purchase 1000 or 10,000
of a particular element, especially basic bricks.  I know that for the right
price, i'd be tempted to buy 10,000 2 x 4 bricks in certain colors.

I had really hoped and expected more than lots of 100 max.  The overhead
from packageing these small lots is probably why the prices are so high.
Perhaps they should just come out with a standard size box like the K8 and
sell true bulk orders by however many pieces they can fit in the box.

Personally I still can not figure out why the minimum number of pieces is 25.
When they say bulk I assume a minimum of 1,000.  I would love to by 10,000 6x8
grey plates, if offered at a reasonable price.  TLC is a buisness so I
certainly do not expect charity, but I am also an informed consumer.  With bulk
packs there is no set R&D costs, no retail overhead, and minimal packaging.  So
why the heck do they cost what they do?!  I personally think they could be
making more profit by lowering the cost per piece and making the minimum number
of pieces much higher. (Like the aforementioned 1,000 minimum)

-Mike Petrucelli