 Off-Topic / Debate / 15138
Re: LEGO... are you out there? Do you care? (WAS: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 04:35:32 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Richie Dulin writes:
LUGNET is (part of) the competition for LEGO focused internet time. It
doesn't need to be selling anything.

So they make product announcements on a website that is drawing visitors
away from their own site?  I ask again... does this make business sense?

Help me understand your point Richie, you've lost me.  :)

LEGO know that (say) ten times as many people end up at LEGO.com, but
another small but significant group end up at somewhere else.

Now, maybe LEGO.com could become LUGNET Mk2, but we may not like the
implications of that happening. They couldn't really condone public
criticism of their own product on their own website, for instance, could they?

It could be that LUGNET (and other fan sites) are an important resource to
LEGO. And that LEGO give them the odd announcement, to make sure they know
they're appreciated.

A meaningful Ford analogy for you, perhaps: Do Ford Mustang fans hand around
on WWW.FORD.COM?

Cheers

Richie Dulin