 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3757
Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:29:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Richie Dulin writes:
Does this mean that you'd put faith in a vote on the LEGO.com site
representing the LEGO buying public in general?

Yes, that was exactly my point.  LUGNET does not represent the whole of the
LEGO buying community... only a small percentage who are 'in the loop'.

Whereas the LEGO site doesn't?

I would be willing to bet a shiny new red 2x4 brick that the LEGO site gets
more hits during any given time period than LUGNET.  I'm simply saying that
LUGNET does not represent the general public, only a small niche of fans.

Remember the reported increase in sales for
the Guarded Inn when it appeared in the Mania magazine?

No, I have no idea what you're talking about.  Sorry.

If you wanted real data about what the general public would buy, you
would post surveys/votes on LEGO.com and see what sort of results you get.

No, if you wanted real data about what the general public would buy, you
would survey them directly:

I totally agree.  But is the company prepared to do this?  Are they
including survey forms in sets or buckets?  No.  Do they care what their
customers want?  I'm honestly not sure.

You wouldn't automatically screen out those who
don't have internet access, and those that don't bother with LEGO.com

I totally agree.  But two points are for sure:

1)  The LEGO.com site is already there.  It's already costing the company X
number of dollars per year.  Why not simply add a few CGI scripts and run a
bunch of costLESS surveys.  Any data is better than no data.

2)  If I jumped on the internet today... for the first time... and wanted to
know about LEGO... I'd go to LEGO.com... NOT to LUGNET first.

[snip]
LEGO needs to realize that not all advertising costs money.

Generally, you get what you pay for, or sometimes, you pay for what you get.

But as mentioned above.  They currently aren't doing ANY surveys or voting
on their own website.  Seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

Regards,
Allan B.