 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3768
Re: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS???? LEGO PLEASE READ!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 04:03:42 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> wrote in message

And I'm saying that LEGO.com does not represent the general public • either,
only a slightly larger small niche of fans.

O.K.  Let me try to express what I'm feeling in different words.

If the LEGO.com site isn't getting at least 10 times the hits/day of • LUGNET,
then someone is really doing something wrong.

I think you are missing Richies point Allen.  Even if lego.com gets 1000
times more hits than lugnet.com does, it STILL only represents a small,
although proportionally larger segment of the lego market.  It is
automatically excluding everyone that doesn't have a computer, everyone who
doesn't have internet access, everyone that doesn't surf the web, etc.

I do support your notion that Lego should definitely be using their site as
you suggest though.  It's just silly not to.  I Just don't think it will be
100% representative of the general puplic either.  Although probably moreso
than Lugnet.

No, I have no idea what you're talking about.  Sorry.
My mistake, it was the S@H catalog, not the magazine, see:
http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=460 et al

O.K. I've read the posting (mostly 2nd hand info of what Brad may or may • not
have said) and I'm not sure I understand your point.

Brad stated, at brickfest, that although early sales of the Guarded Inn
(those to the "inner circle" of Lugnetters) were good, that sales didn't
really take off until it appeared in the SAH catalog.  I believe the point
is that apparently the catalog reaches alot more of the "general public"
than either Lugnet or Lego.com.  (I believe, but am not 100% sure, that the
set was available on shop.lego.com before it was in the catalog)

(from an earlier message)
No, if you wanted real data about what the general public would buy, you
would survey them directly:

I totally agree.  But is the company prepared to do this?  Are they
including survey forms in sets or buckets?  No.  Do they care what their
customers want?  I'm honestly not sure.

Actually, they have included surveys in the sets in the past.  See my reply
above in this tread or the one from Mike Walsh.

Troy