 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3804
Re: LEGO... are you out there? Do you care? (WAS: WHY SO LONG ON BULK BRICKS?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:50:19 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Allan Bedford writes:
The front page of LEGO.com should be updated no less than once a week, and
preferably more often.  How many of us enjoy CNN.com, or CANOE.com or
LUGNET.com because the content changes so regularly?  LEGO should make their
website *the* destination for LEGO fans on the web.

[snip]

My point exactly.  Folks come to LUGNET for their news instead of LEGO.com.
This just doesn't make good business sense.

But according to your estimate, LEGO.com already gets 10 times the hits of
LUGNET. Clearly, it is *the* destination of choice.

You have a point. I guess I should really try to make myself understood
better, it seems my points are getting lost in this thread.  Not sure why, I
usually have no trouble making myself understood.

My point was... that event though LEGO.com *probably* does get more traffic
than LUGNET, the company chooses to make significant product announcements
here, instead of there.  That was my point.  That action doesn't make sense.
If your own site is there (which it is) and it's getting lots of hits (which
it probably is) then make your product announcements on your own site first.
TREAT it as though it were the destination of choice.  Be proud of it.  Use
it as a marketing tool and stop treating it like overhead.

Doing 10 times better than the nearest competitor would seem to be pretty
good, wouldn't it?

Is LUGNET the competition?  What is LUGNET selling?

Regards,
Allan B.