 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 430
Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 21:45:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Koob writes:
That's a large layout, compared to what we've had before.
The large yard looks good too.

I've got some improvements to make - I'll post a new one soon.

I'm not sure if I understand the incline.  Is there going to be
a gap between two tables for a two-level bridge?
The cross-over idea is great, but the incline in the center of the
long section means that anything behind it is somewhat obscured.

The incline is for the bridge to "cross-over the cross-over".
Vertically, there are three tracks in one place.  Part of my
inpiration was a great 4.5V blue layout that I have in my memory
from a decades old LEGO photo.  (I've got it at home somewhere.)

Could you move the incline so that it spirals around (or inside?)
the mountain?  This way, it would appear that the incline serves
some purpose.

Heheheh - Fine with me, but you'd better check with "the
mountaineers".  I suspect a train spiral inside a mountain is
a bit more ambitious than they had anticipated...
I would like to run the elevated track portion over the
mountain - I'll let you suggest it to Kevin though...  8-)

SRC
StRuCtures